Thursday, September 6, 2012

I Don't Care about Kristen Stewart....

I really don't. I do however care about equal treatment of women and their rights. How does this relate to Kristen Stewart? Well, this whole thing about her cheating on Robert Pattinson is blown completely out of proportion for one. There are studios turning her down so they don't hurt their own reputation. A new phrase or word has been coined after her: 'trampire'. The entire fan base of Twilight has pretty much turned their backs on her. You know, how could she do that to Edward??!! Gasp!! Whatever. You realize that Chris Brown beat the CRAP out if Rhianna and he still got played on radios, received awards and so forth??? You realize this is the REAL society we are living in? It's pretty scary!
I don't like getting caught up in mainstream media. I don't care about who is dating who. I care about myself, my rights and my family. I'm usually terrible about keeping up with politics and the latest news. I've been trying to do better. And it seems the growing issues with the current Presidential campaign is women's right. I'm not getting into the pro-life and pro-choice debate, I'm not. However, I do not think it should be the Government's right to make my choices for me. An no man or government should be telling me that I can't choose if I want to take contraception. The public is just starting to see how ignorant so many people are about pregnancy, rape and even our 'yearly' exams. Receiving preventative care will eventually become a very pressing issue.
I'm just saying, stay aware. We think our society has grown past non-equality, but it hasn't. This is all going to come to a head soon, and it's probably going to get ugly.
Anyhow, I'm not looking for a debate. I'm not trying to convince of one side or the other. I just think it is important that people be aware of what some of the real issues are that are out there today. But please, if you have an opinion or input, feel free to respond!

No comments: